Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 to 3 cups garbanzo beans cooked
- 1/4 cup raw sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tsp cumin
- Sea salt to taste
- Drain and rinse cooked garbanzo beans, reserving 1/4 c. liquid. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend. Add more water or olive oil until desired consistency is reached.
Crispy Roasted Garbanzo Beans
Servings: 2 (as snack) Prep Time: 5 Cook Time: 30
2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
Spice blend of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Drain the cooked garbanzo beans in a strainer and rinse with water for a few seconds to clean off the beans. Shake and tap the strainer to rid of excess water. Lay paper towl on a baking sheet, and spread the beans over. Use another paper towel to gently press and absorb the water on the beans. Roll the beans around with the paper towel to also remove the thin skin from any of the beans. Discard the skins and the paper towels.
3. Drizzle the olive oil over the beans and use your hands or a spatula to toss around and coat. Roast for 30-40 minutes until the beans are a deep golden brown and crunchy. Make sure that the beans do not burn.
4. Season with salt and spice blend.